New Rule of Delhi Government for Car Drivers, Odd & Even Car Number System Proposal – What is it? Get Detailed Information!
Do you know that the pollution level in Delhi is in very very critical stage.Recently as per a report, it was found that the air in Delhi is most populated in the world. Delhi Government was criticized for not taking any action towards this issue. However, on 4th December 2015, Delhi government has made a proposal which is very unique and first of its kind. It is being referred as Odd/Even Car number System.
As this proposal is new most of us are not aware of the details. Common questions are – What is Odd/Even Car system? How will it work and what will be the impact ? This particular article addresses all these questions. Another important thing to be mentioned here is that this new system will become active from 1st January 2016
Delhi Odd/Even Car System –
As we know the traffic in Delhi has grown to critical level and leads to lots of pollutions. Residents of Delhi understand how difficult it is to drive car. Here is how this system will work:
- The last digit of your Vehicle Registration number will be used for odd or even consideration.
- The Odd and Even numbered vehicles will be allowed to drive on Alternate days
- For Example – If the last digit of vehicle number is 0,2,4,6,8 then you can drive your car on Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday and if the last digit is 1,3,5,7,9 then you will be allowed to drive your car on Monday, Wednesday. Friday
Here are some more features –
- This rule is applicable only to Private Vehicles
- This Rule is not applicable to vehicles registered outside Delhi
More detailed information will be provided by the concerned department soon. We will make sure that all details are provided to you.
This Decision might not be liked by all, but Government is bound to take strict actions. Delhi High court mentioned that living in Delhi is like, living in “Gas Chamber”. Mr. Kejriwal then organized a meeting to discuss this matter. This proposal of odd-even car driving system is a outcome of the same meeting. Some other decisions made are –
- Trucks will be allowed to drive only after 11:00 pm
- The Government has decided that the vehicles have to follow Euro VI Standards by 2017
- Badarpur Thermal power station will Shut Down
What are your views about these decisions? Do you think such strict rules will help in getting rid of pollution from Delhi? Feel free to leave your comments below