Puducherry Assembly Elections 2016 Results & Live Vote Counting Updates | District Wise/ Assembly Constituency Wise Puducherry Election Results 2016
Update – Constituency Wise Winner Name List Uploaded
The year 2016 has been a politically active one for India with five of its states scheduled to hold legislative assembly election and result in 2016 in Puducherry, Assam, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and West Bengal. Preparations for the elections have also seen the inclusion of more than 18000 Voter-verified Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) for use in 64 assembly constituencies.
Puducherry Election Result 2016 – Live Counting Updates
The tenure of the Legislative Assembly in the state of Puducherry expires on 2nd June 2016. Last date for filing nominations was 29th April 2016 and last date for withdrawal of candidature was 2nd May 2016. Accordingly the polls and the assembly election and result for 2016 in Puducherry are scheduled to be held on 16th May 2016 with counting of votes on 19th May 2016, in the non-contiguous territory of the Union Territory, to elect members to its 30 constituencies which go to the polls on the same day. The election process shall be completed before 21st May 2016.
Puducherry Election Constituency Wise Winner Candidate List pdf
- What Makes the Result of Puducherry Assembly Election 2016 Exceptional?
Puducherry is a unique polling state, given that it’s four regions is not connected geographically and fall in four different regions. So the result of the coming Puducherry Assembly Election 2016, with its headquarters at Puducherry, is a combination of voter influence in Karaikal of Tamil Nadu, Mahe in Kerala and Yanam which is almost an Andhra satellite.
The result of the Puducherry assembly election for 2016 will decide which of the 344 candidates fighting to win the polls, are chosen by the public. According to details presented by the Chief Electoral Officer, V Candavelou, the candidates comprise of 322 men, 21 women and 1 from ‘other gender’ category. The Puducherry assembly election for 2016 will also see 97 independent candidates jumping into the fray. A total of 9,27,034 electors will be casting their votes to elect their leaders in 913 Polling Stations.
What Do the Opinion Polls Predict ?
The opinion polls for the result of the Puducherry assembly election 2016 have projected the alliance of DMK and Congress as the winner with 17 seats. With the assembly elections in Puducherry just around the corner, the Puducherry assembly election result for 2016 is also not far behind.
Live Vote Counting of Puducherry Elections 2016 – How to Check ?
19th May is the day when the election result will be declared. Through out the day, counting of voting will continue. If you are interested in finding out the live vote counting updates, there are various ways you can find the information –
- We will be providing you the live updates at this very portal
- You can watch the top news channels. For updates specific to Puducherry only, switch to local news channels as they will be providing more accurate details
- Use the Official Puducherry Election Commission Portal
District Wise Details of Winners in Puducherry Assembly Elections
To find the district wise updates, you are advised to follow these steps –
- First of All Navigate to the Official Portal of State Election Commission Puducherry from HERE
- On the official page, you will see various links on Left as well as on the right hand side of the page
- As soon as the list of winner candidates is created, it will be uploaded at the portal
- You need to look for the section that says “Puducherry Assembly Election Results 2016“
- Using the link you will be able to navigate to the page that contains district wise information of winner candidates
- We will provide you the direct link as soon as it becomes available.
For All Latest Updates regarding the Puducherry election results, you are advised to bookmark this page Using CTRL + D