What you will Know in this Article ? – Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana for Girl Child | Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana SBI (State Bank of India), ICICI, Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator, Details of the Scheme in Hindi, Download Sukanya Sammridhi Yojana Application Form, Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Opening in Bank or Post Office
Gone are those days when people didn’t welcome the newly born girl child. The Women power has changed the mind of people. Women are now in every field, they are in politics,engineering, medical sector and in all them. The Launch of Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Yojana is great step in direction of Girl Child Empowerment. Joining this Scheme will ensure the well being of the girl child in her journey of Life. The idea is to make her finally strong and self dependent.
This article focuses on all aspects of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. We will tell you, how can you apply for the scheme, how to open sukanya samriddhi(Khata) or account in Bank or Post Office. Also if you want the information in Hindi, we have included it too ! We will also focus on applying for this scheme at two banks i.e. SBI & ICICI (the process for other banks is almost same). So, Let’s get Started !
Our government is very concerned about the future of girl child. Respected Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji, launched Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana in January 2015. From the beginning of this scheme, it has received great response as the parents have shown great interest in the scheme. If you are looking for complete details of the scheme including Opening Bank Accounts,Eligibility, Benefits,how to apply and downloading the application form, this article covers it all.
Applying for Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
It has been observed that many parents across the country find it difficult to make arrangements for the study of their girl child as well as on the event of her marriage. This small deposit scheme was launched to help such parents under the “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao” campaign. We will be discussing about all the aspects of this scheme in this article. However there are few things that should be clear –
This scheme has to be joined by the parents/Legal Guardians of the Girl child on her behalf.
- A depositor will be one who will join the scheme on the behalf of girl child and will deposit amount in the bank account opened under this scheme
- Father or Mother of the Girl Child
- In case the Father and Mother are not capable of acting, person who will be acting on the behalf of them will be entitled as guardian
Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) – Things you Should Know !
- Bank Account is to be opened by Natural or Legal Guardian of girl child
- Age of the girl at the time of opening the bank account should not exceed 10 year.
- Minimum Amount to be deposited per year is Rs. 1000 and maximum amount is Rs. 1,50,000
- The amount can be deposited anytime between the financial year i.e. April to March
- The amount is to be deposited for 14 years
- The modes of depositing the payment are Cash,Cheque or Demand draft
- Interest to be offered is 9.2 percent
- Maturity Date is 21 year from the date of opening account. It is to be noted that deposit has to be made for 14 years
- Minimum Lock -in period under this scheme is 11 years
Conditions of Withdrawing Money –
- Money can be fully withdrawn after girl turns 21
- Account holder can withdraw up to 50 per cent amount at the end of the previous financial year for the purpose of the girl’s higher education or marriage after she turns 18
- If the money is not withdrawn even after the girl turns 21, it will continue to earn interest.
PM Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme – Eligibility
- Girls of Age 10 years or below are eligible to join this scheme with their parents/guardian opening the account and doing the formalities for them
Note – NRI’s can’t participate in this scheme
Opening Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account (Khata) in Post Office or Bank
Sukanya Samriddhi Account Opening in Post Office
For those who are interested in opening Sukanya Samriddhi account in Post Office, here are the steps –
- First of All get the Application Form (Links in the End of Article)
- Fill in the application form and also attach following documents –
- Birth Certificate of Girl Child
- Address Proof of Parent (or Guardian)
- Proof of Identity of Parent (or Guardian)
- Submit the Complete application and submit it at the nearest post office
- Make your First Deposit and receive the passbook from the Post Office Official
Once the account is opened, make a habit to add some amount regularly. This small investment will help your girl child a lot in the future
PM Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Opening in Bank
Open Sukanya Samriddhi Bank Khata in SBI,ICICI or Any Other Bank
- First of All get the Application form
- The Parent or Guardian Needs to fill in the application form and attach the birth certificate of girl child along with the address and identity proof( of parent or Guardian)
- Submit these documents and tell the official in the Bank Branch that you want to open the sukanya samriddhi bank account
- Official will check the application form and attached documents
- If everything felt ok, He will process your request and open the account for you
- Once the passbook is delivered, you can make your First deposit
Sukanya Samriddhi Account Benefits
- The bank account opened under the Sukanya Samriddhi scheme will have the special ability that a handsome interest will be offered. The minimum deposit to be made is Rs 1000 and maximum deposit is Rs. 1,50,000.
- Transfer of Bank Account is possible to anywhere in India
- Passbook facility will be offered at the time of opening bank account
- The Girl can start operating the bank account, once she reaches the age of 14 years
Interest Rate Being Offered in Sukanya Samriddhi Accounts
The interest rates change every financial year. The interest rate being offered in the current financial year is 8.6%
Calculator for SSY –
If you want to make calculations, you can make use of maturity calculator:
You can check the Maturity Value using the details given in the official notification
Other Important Details
- If yearly contribution is not made, premature closure of Sukanya Samriddhi account is possible
- If girl gets married before 21 years the account will become non operative
- If the girl child dies, the account will be closed immediately and balance amount will be given back to the parents/guardian
Download Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Application Forms as pdf File
Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme Complete Details in Hindi
For complete information in hindi, we are providing you this pdf file. Download the file and read all information