Jan Aushadi Yojana Details – Medical Store Opening Guide|Application Form
Jan Aushadi Yojana | Complete Details of Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadi Scheme, Steps to Apply by Downloading & Filling the Application Form | Steps to Open Jan Aushadi Store
The availability of quality medicine at affordable prices fulfils a basic necessity for the citizens of any country. This is exactly what the Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadi Yojana aims to provide to every person who is in need of medicine. The Department of Pharmaceuticals in India has taken an initiative to provide generic drugs to the general public at lesser prices than is available in the market. This is a huge step towards improving the healthcare facilities available in the country and also increasing the accessibility of the common man to good quality medicine which would otherwise be very expensive.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadi Yojana
This schemes revolved around the Generic Drugs.A generic drug is a medicine which is equivalent in chemical composition to a branded or otherwise popularly available drug. It is generally named the same as the chemical name of the drug. A generic drug should be comparable to a popular medicine when it comes to quality, strength, dosage and performance. Also since the generic drug is not affiliated with a certain brand, it will be available at a lesser price than the comparable branded drug.
In India, the production of generic drugs is permitted after a patent period of 20 years has been completed. This is of great help not only to the average consumer but the pharmacist as well. The generic drug is also helpful in reducing the price of competing branded drugs in the market.
Jan Aushadi Yojana Campaign
The Jan Aushadi Campaign has been launched in India in association with an expert task force which is comprised of senior officers in various pharmaceutical related fields. The Department of Pharmaceuticals, various NGOs, Pharma Company CEOs, doctors from reputed institutions, State government representatives as well as the WHO plays a role in the establishment and working of the Jan Aushadi Yojana.
This campaign is a part of the Corporate Social Responsibilities agenda of the Central Pharma Sector Undertakings or CPSU. To open a Jan Aushadi Yojana store, the first step is to fill out the relevant Jan Aushadi Yojana Application Form.
The scheme is focused on the following agendas:
- Ensure the quality of medication available in the country.
- Availability of medication in the country is provided by allowing the access to CPSU supplies.
- The quality of the medicines is ensured by performing testing by the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories or the NABL.
- The budget plan for the Jan Aushadi store is estimated at 35 crores which allows the extension of the coverage of quality medicines.
- Encouraging both the public and private health care systems to participate in the scheme allowing a wider reach.
Applying to Open a Jan Aushadi Store
The government as of now encourages organizations or people to open new stores which are a part of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadi Yojana. There are however a certain list of specifications which have to be met before you can apply to open a Jan Aushadi store.
- Applicants should have a place which has a minimum area of 120 square feet in which the store can be opened.
- A retail drug license is mandatory, as is an active taxpayer identification number or TIN
- Any applicant must mandatorily either be pharmacist or must have one in employment.
- An updated and audited account which has been maintained for the last three years is necessary and also, an applicant should be able to produce sales returns and bank statements for this duration.
If you are Interested in Opening Jan Aushadi Yojana Medical Store, You are advised to Visit THIS PAGE. All the guidelines as pdf file are available there !