Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme 2017 – Registration & Application Form
Education Loan Repayment Scheme in Kerala | Apply or Register for Education Loan Repayment Yojana – Application Form
Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme has been started by the Kerala Government. This scheme has been launched to provide the Loan Repayment Support to the students who can’t afford their higher studies due to some financial crises. According to Dr T. M. Thomas Isaac (Finance Minister), students who belong to the economically-distressed families will now get an extreme help in completing their higher studies without any worries.
This scheme has been categorized as the non-performing asset on or before 31 March 2016. The borrower student will just have to pay the remaining amount after deducting the 60% of the principal amount which will be provided by the state itself.
Education Loan Repayment Scheme Kerala 2017-18
According to the guidelines published by the Finance Department, this scheme is applicable to the-
- Education loans but not for exceeding Rs. 9 Lakh
- The students having their family incomes not more than Rs. 6 Lakh per annum
- On the contrary, the students can get the benefits under this scheme only for the recognized technical and professional courses in India.
- Other management and NRI quota students won’t be eligible for this Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme
- 90% of the amount will be repayable by the government in the very first year
- 75% of the amount will be repayable by the government in the second year
- 50% of the amount will be repayable by the government in the third year and 25% in the 4th year
- About 60% of the principal amount will be provided by the state and the borrower will have to repay only 40%
Documents required for Registration-
- 10th/ 12th Passing Certificates of the Candidate
- Student’s Adhar Card and Pan Card
- Income Certificate
You can get more details on the website of Kerala Government- http://elrs.kerala.gov.in/ and the last date to get the severe benefits under this Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme, 2017 is 31 October 2017.
Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme – Registration/Application Form
- Firstly, you will have to log on to the officially registered website of Kerala Government,
- Now, click on the tab, “Student Registration”
- You will see the form to appear on your screen
- Start submitting all your basic details accurately
- Upload all your scanned documents including your Adhar card and Pan Card or other certificates in the required formats
- At last, you just have to click on ‘SUBMIT’ so as to complete your registration process.
You will get a PDF of your application containing all the relevant details and you will need to take out a print out of this PDF. Just submit this print out with all relevant documents at the concerned bank branch where you loan will be maintained. Just make sure that you have signed properly on the printout and attached the original documents with it before submitting to the branch for further verification to get registered under the Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme.