Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan
PM Digital Saksharta Abhiyan for Rural Areas | Gramin Digital Salsharta Abhiyaan
Launching schemes is not enough. To make the most of any scheme, it is important to make sure every eligible person can make use of it. We all have been talking about cashless india, digital india but a lot of work has to be done to provide the necessary education.Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyaan(PMGDSA) has been launched to look into this matter. Under this scheme, 6 crore rural households will be made digitally literate. Such scheme was actually proposed during the budget and has been approved on 8th of February 2017. In this article, we will know everything there is to know about the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyaan.
Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan(PMGDSA)
Scheme Approved on – 8th February 2017
Approved by – Union Cabinet Chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Project Outlay – 2,351.38 Crore
To be Completed –By March 2017
Year Wise Details of Candidates to be trained –
2016-17 – 25 Lakh
2017-18 – 275 Lakh
2018-19 – 300 Lakh
Total 6 Crore candidates to be trained
Concerned Department – Ministry of Electronics and IT
How will Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan Work ?
This scheme will work with the cooperation of Gram Panchayats. To make sure that this scheme reaches every part of the country, the role of Gram Panchayats will be critical. There are total of 2.5 lakh gram panchayats in our country. Registration of 200 to 300 candidates from every panchayat will be done. So, the work flow of the scheme will be like this
Government communicates at Gram Panchayat level >> Gram Panchayats will register 200 to 300 candidates >> Registered candidates will be trained.
So, once the scheme becomes active, you are advised to give your name in Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan to your Gram Panchayat.
Any interested applicant, who wants to know and use digital technologies can participate in this scheme. However, the final selection will be done on the basis of candidate list prepared by the respective Gram Panchayat. To take part, one must contact the Gram Panchayat representatives i.e. Gram Pradhan, Sarpanch, Panch etc.
Benefits of this Scheme
Following will be the benefits of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Yojana –
- People living in Rural areas will be taught to use computers, smartphones and other similar devices
- Training will include will digital tasks like using internet, sending emails, making digital payments etc.
- This scheme will ultimately educate the rural people about digital technologies and encourage them to use them. In this way people living in rural areas will not be left behind in the digital world.
- After getting the knowledge, there surely will be boost towards cashless transactions that will make India an cashless economy
- The objectives of Digital India will be met
Here is the expected course content –
- Using Computer (Basics)
- Browsing Internet
- Using Smartphones
- Online Banking ( Mobile Banking, Net Banking, UPI, Online Wallets etc.)