Port your Number to Reliance Jio 4G|Switch to Jio – MNP Guide
Reliance Jio Mobile Number Portability (MNP) – How to Port your Existing Number to Jio 4G
UPDATE – Hello Friends ! Thanks for your Interest, we have come up with a latest news, The mobile number portability for Jio has Begin from 5th September 2016. So, All the interested current users of Airtel,Idea, Vodafone, BSNL or any other carrier will be able to port to Jio from 5th September Onwards.
Reliance Jio 4G Mobile Number Portability (MNP)
Seems like everybody is interested in Jio 4G unlimited plan, that’s why you can see long queues outside Jio stores. Due to huge public interest, the process of providing Free Jio 4G sim is getting delayed. Due to this long procedure, users are looking for other options. Many users have shown interest in porting their number to reliance Jio. There are many unanswered questions related to this topic. In this article we will be trying to answer your questions.
Porting your Number to Reliance Jio 4G – MNP
MNP stands for Mobile Number portability. Using this service user can switch to other network company without changing mobile number.For any mobile network company who wants to provide this portability service to the users, the company has to obtain LRN. Consider LRN as license for any company to the provide MNP facilities. This license is given circle wise or area wise. Companies can provide number portability services to only those areas for which they have been allocated LRN.
Now, the good news for Jio Lovers is that, Jio has been allocated LRN for all 22 telecom areas. What this means is that, now any GSM, CDMA (2G or 3G) User can port-out from his service provider to Jio 4G services.
How to Port Out your Current Number to Jio
Note – The mobile number portability to Jio has started from 5th September.
There is a common procedure for MNP. No matter which is your current mobile network provider is, the process is same. Kindly follow these steps –
- First of all you have to send an SMS – PORT <Mobile Number> to 1900
example – PORT 1234567890
- After this, a SMS will be received that will contain the unique porting code
Note – Please note down that this porting code has an expiry date. You have to apply at
the Jio Store for Portability before the expiry date
- Now you need to visit the Nearest Jio Store and fill in the Subscriber Enrollment form
- Along with the application you need to provide your ID, address proof and passport size photograph
- Now, you will be given a new sim from the store
- Now, the back end team will communicate with your old service provider for permission.
- Once the approval is given, your application will be processed
- Your current operator will disconnect the number on a certain date and tell the Jio Operator regarding this
- Now the Jio officials will take the matter in their hands. They will claim the number to themselves
- The whole process takes almost 4 days to complete
- Once you receive any sms regarding disconnection from old service provider, you can insert your New Jio Sim
- Once the number will be ported to Jio, you will able to use all the Reliance Jio 4G services without any problem and without even changing your existing number.
This information is valid for –
Porting Airtel Number to Reliance Jio
Porting Vodafone Mobile Number to Jio
Porting Idea Number to Reliance Jio 4G
or Porting any mobile number to Jio