UGC Single Girl Child [SGC] Scholarship 2018 | Online Application form | Registration
Generally, numerous families are there who have a single girl child but still, they are unable to pay the higher fees and other charges being involved in her education. This is the reason that the Government has now invited online applications to promote girls education. The eligible candidates can now fill the SGC Online Application form issued by the UGC (University Grants Commission).
What is Single Girl Child Scholarship? The program is known as the Indira Gandhi Scholarship which has been started to promote the girls education. The deserving girl child’s who are willing to proceed their higher education in PG courses can now easily apply online for this UGC single girl child scholarship 2018. The scheme is valid for the single girl child only. The education of all levels will be covered under this scheme and the direct cost of such courses will be incurred by the government itself.
UGC Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018
You can now easily get the detailed official notification including the eligibility criterion, online registrations, and benefits of the scheme via our article, so just stay connected with us.
Which courses will be covered? This Scheme has been started by the government to encourage the single girl child to pursue their PG education without facing any hassles. Several girls usually drop their PG education due to the financial crises or other reasons but the government has now taken such a huge step to help them. The girls won’t have to face any hurdles in their path of success. The non-professional PG courses will be covered under this yojana. Different Universities & Colleges will get affiliated with this UGC single girl child scholarship program.
- The girl students up to an age of 30-years can apply online for such PG courses.
- The only girl child can avail the benefits under this scholarship scheme
- The applicant girl must not have any brother or sister
- Fraternal daughter may also apply online
- The scholarship is valid for the single girl student who needs to get admission in the PG course for 1st year
- Distance mode of education will not be covered under this scheme
Benefits of scholarship-
- The government is now offering an amount of Rs. 3100/- monthly to the organization in which the girl need to get admission.
- The detailed list will be uploaded to the official portal of UGC
- The entire 2-years of the PG course will be covered under this scholarship scheme
- The UGC will offer such financial help for the entire 2-years of the PG program
- The girl students can now continue their higher education without facing any hurdles
Documents to be submitted-
- The applicant must have to upload the required documents on the online portal of UGC and these documents include-
- An affidavit having a stamp paper of Rs. 50/- and it must be attested by the First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer/SDM
- Also, attest the copy of joining report being allotted from the recognized College / University
- Important Dates to be considered-
- The last date to fill this SGC Online Application form -Last week of August 2018
Single Girl Child Scholarship Online Application Form | Registration
- Simply, visit the official page of UGC SGC (Single Girl Child) Scholarship Scheme
- Click on “Apply Now”
- Now you need to Fill in the Online Application Form
- You can Also Edit/Print your Application, Check Result & Award Letter and Stay updates with Progress Report
Your registration will the get completed and you can then check your application status online via the UGC portal.